The Wheelbarrow is Finished
Well... Here is it mid Sept and I have finished a project. Sadly it is not the Drift Stude, and you will have to settle for a finished wheelbarrow instead. Though this means, and I am promising here, that I will do some much needed drift Stude work now. I left you last in august doing some keyway broaching on the bushing inserts for the wheels and with the lathe apart for cleaning...
The cleaning went well and I managed to free up the taper attachement, just in case I ever need it in the future. I left the old cross feed screw and nut in there, but plan to replacement in the near future when my wallet will allow. With everything cleaned and oiled it was time to get moving on some wheelbarrow parts.
first up was the hub for the sprocket. This like the hubs/bushings for the wheels needed to have a keyway cut, but also was a bit more complicated because it needed to have a bolt circle drilled and tapped and as well. It turned out really well and the only problem I really had was cutting the aluminum slug down to size after the first machining process. The bandsaw for some reason didn't really like this big of a piece of aluminum... One other slight problem I had was with the bolt circle. The DRO that came on my mill has a bolt circle function, but I found out when I went to go use it on this that some fo the buttons on my DRO do not work. Namely the equal button, which is needed for the bolt circle function and also some of the other functions. I will have to address the DRO issue later, but for not it worked to pull dimensions off of a CAD drawing I did for the part and use the functional scales part fo the DRO to dial it all in manually. The end result was the same and worked great. I also managed to get some cool time lapse footage of the lathe machining below
used in this build: