Im going to start off with Drift Stude updates even though they technically didnt’ happen until the end of Feb... starting with the above picture. After thinking about it for a while I decided to remake the bottom threaded parts of my body mounts mentioned a post or two ago. The re-make is purely a way to weld them on the bottom side of the truck a little easier while at the same time not risking welding into any of the threaded part. This is the solution I came up wth.
I managed to get some time lapse shots of the revised body mount design coming to life on the lathe. Making 6 of these took about 1.5 hrs total.
January was a fairly productive month... it all started with some good old fashioned christmas money, which I promptly spent on a new garage door opener as the old one gave up the ghost a few months back, and I was getting really tired of opening the garage manually. I even did a couple of upgrades compared to the old one and got a WiFi enabled one along with key pad entry. Sadly I did not get any videos or pictures of it, though you can see traces of the install in the video below.
used in this build: