Okay I’ll admit it. I have been putting off working on the stude on purpose. The part of the stude that I wanted to do next, was related to the stuff that I have been working on lately, namely the steering linkage. Continuing on that theme would have meant that I do the headers next. But in order to do the headers the way they need to be done will require a significant purchase, one which I do not have the money for yet... so with a lack of funds the part of the truck that needed some progress was finding a better way to mount the cab to the frame. I started this project a few years back, but it just isn’t as fun as building a set of headers, so I put it off for a good long while.
Once I got over the mental block, it was time to pull off the door bars, take out the seat, seat frames, and removed the bolts that had been holding the frame down. These bolts were kind of a pain to get out and are the real reason I am changing how the body mounts. First the bolts are not laid out in a way that makes them easy to get to, and second they basically sandwich two 2x1 square tubes together, and over time they will slowly collapse the tubing, as there is no solid structure around where the bolts go through. My goal is to make the bolts easy to access should I need to remove the body for any reason, and make it so a flat solid plate mounts to another flat solid plate so there is not chance of collapsing a tube.
used in this build: